It has been what feels like a very long time since Dilated Peoples released an album in the form of 2006’s 20/20. Since then the trio from Los Angeles have been busy with their own individual projects but have released nothing as a group but that drought of music has now ended. Following in Evidence‘s footsteps and his release of Cats & Dogs, Rakaa Iriscience and DJ Babu signed with Rhymesayers Entertainment and soon followed it up by a tour with a promise of a brand new album on their new label.
Following the photographic theme in the title, Directors Of Photography is 18-songs deep and features the likes of Aloe Blacc, Vince Staples, Vinnie Paz, Fashawn, Action Bronson, Domo Genesis and a few more (full tracklist below). The first single, Good As Gone, is produced by none other than DJ Premier and Rhymesayers released the video for it today alongside the pre-order details. Watch the rather beautifully shot Good As Gone video below and let us know what you think of the Cali trio’s return, to say we’re excited is an understatement.
- Cut My Teeth
- Defari Interlude
- The Dark Room feat. Vince Staples
- Good As Gone
- Show Me The Way feat. Aloe Blacc
- Figure It Out (Melvin’s Theme)
- Let Your Thoughts Fly Away
- Century Of The Self feat. Catero
- @mrevidence Interlude
- The Reversal
- Opinions May Vary feat. Gangrene
- L.A. River Drive feat. Sick Jacken
- The Bigger Picture
- Times Squared (Bonus Track)
- Hallelujah (Bonus Track) feat. Fashawn, Rapsody, Domo Genesis, Vinnie Paz & Action Bronson.